Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Perfect boundries"

Well... you know... sometimes you just have to share the "little stuff"... because God is so concerned the "little stuff" in our lives....

So, we were embarking on a trip to MO to continue the great house hunt. We contact some folks that we stay in touch and tell them we are heading out for another round of looking. Of course, we get the standard.. "We're praying for you." from some of the sweet saints in our lives that continuously pray to keep us on the straight and narrow. Then we get an email from a cohort and inside it says, "We are praying that God has the perfect house for you." I first thought how sweet for them to pray for us a house. Then the thought crossed my mind that "Is there really a "perfect" house? And does God really even care what house we are in as long as it isn't a bad fianancial decision?" Hmmm....

Fast forward a day or two... a different friend calls me back and we chat [while I grocery shop... a mother always multi-tasks]. She tells me that it was so funny that I called and left her a message earlier in the day when she was at Bible study and prayer. She was praying specifically for our family and us finding a house. Then she told me the scriptures she had for the day....

The Message (MSG)

5-6 My choice is you, GOD, first and only.
And now I find I'm your choice!
You set me up with a house and yard.
And then you made me your heir!

NIV
5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

Some translations say that He has set the boundary lines in "perfect places".

My friend just wanted me to know that God had the perfect house and situation for us and not to fret over it.

Isn't God just so..... well, awesome??!!!??? He has this big plan and yet He is still so interested in the little details of our lives! Right down to even the bricks/mortar and fence lines in our lives.

So... we are back from MO and nope... we don't have a house yet. We narrowed down our choices, put a offer on one, was rejected... and we are still searching! But somehow I know (way back in the recesses of my mind) that God has set those boundries exactly where they need to be and in the time they need to be. So keep praying....

God's got this plan.... and I still haven't figured it all out yet. ;O)

No comments: