Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"No News Is Good News"

Ever heard that saying??? I always disliked it so much. I am a "want to know" kind of gal. Just give me some information and I'm happy. However, after this past year's news from dear people we know and lots of sad happenings in the world, I am thinking I may like the phrase a bit more.

First:
No updates from Missionary Man. I did not really expect any. When you go where there is no electricity and potties... well... you don't really expect email. However, no news means that the team has not had a need to contact Headquarters with any bad news. So, I'll take it!

Second:
This years Christmas/End-of-the-year Letter didn't happen. "Why?” you say. Well, quite frankly every time I sat down to write the thing it was so "heavy" and "sad" that I couldn't bring myself to post it. No, we are fine. It is just that sad news from those you hold dear can really shake you sometimes and make you stop and really think through some things in life. This (I have decided) is a good thing in the end. It makes you truly contemplate and attempt to understand what you believe and why... and scrape out all those misguided understandings you stood on for so long. (See... I told you it was heavy.)

'Tis all for now. I'm a working on catching up on all this bloggy stuff, so check back. Pictures and happenings are forthcoming.


James 1 (Aw, just go on and read the whole chapter... it's really good stuff!)

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

(p.s. The last verse in the chapter always gets me! Sigh... so glad God is still working on me. ;O)

1 comment:

Teri said...

Nothing more to say than, "Amen."